Other Township Officials
Roger Seely - Supervisor Gary Bluschke - Trustee Jerry Jones - Building Official/Ordinance Officer
Denise Cook - Clerk Chuck Garlanger - Trustee Sue Rice - Assessor
Dave Vonk - Treasurer Ron Griffin - Trustee Ross Bates - Chief of Police
Tim Fenderbosch - Manager Melissa Schultz - Trustee
3000 Washington Ave.
P.O. Box 147
Saint Joseph MI 49085-0147
Phone (269) 429-7703
Fax (269) 429-2079
Administrative office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm (except holidays).
Denise Cook - Clerk
Audrey Skamer - Deputy Clerk
Danielle Riegel - Assistant
Upcoming 2013 Elections
May 7, 2013 – Lakeshore Public Schools
Lakeshore Public Schools has created two proposals to be voted on May 7, 2013. Only those voters who live in the Lakeshore Public School district area are eligible to vote in St. Joseph Charter Township at this election.
Voters who normally vote at Precinct 2, New Life Baptist Church, 3265 S. Cleveland Ave, will be voting at Precinct 3, St. Joseph Charter Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, for this election.
Lakeshore Public School proposals are the only issue on the ballot in St. Joseph Charter Township. Therefore, Precinct 1, St. Joseph Township Public Safety Complex, 1750 Colfax Ave, and Precinct 4, Peace Lutheran Church, 3590 Lincoln Ave, will not be open for this election.
You may vote by absentee ballot if you:
· Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time that the polls are open on Election Day.
· Are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
· Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
· Have been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside.
· Are 60 years of age or older.
· Cannot attend the polls because of confinement in jail awaiting arraignment or trail.
Anyone meeting the criteria and wishing to obtain an Application for an Absentee Ballot can contact Danielle at (269) 429-7703.
You may also click on the form below, fill out the application, and mail it to the St. Joseph Charter Township Clerk’s Office at:
3000 Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 147
Saint Joseph, Michigan 49085-0147
Attn: Clerk’s Office
According to Michigan Election Law, effective March 27, 2013, if a voter applies for an absent voter ballot in person at the clerk’s office, the voter is required to present a photo ID or sign an Affidavit of Voter not in Possession of Picture Identification form. Listed below are the acceptable forms of photo ID. The photo ID must be current and not expired.
· Michigan driver’s license or Michigan personal ID card
· Driver’s license or personal ID card issued by another state
· Federal or state government-issued photo ID
· U.S. passport
· Military identification card with photo
· Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
· Tribal identification with photo
Precinct #1 - St. Joseph Township Public Safety Complex, 1750 Colfax Ave, Benton Harbor
Precinct #2 - New Life Baptist Church, 3265 South Cleveland Ave, Saint Joseph
Precinct #3 - St. Joseph Charter Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, Saint Joseph
Precinct #4 - Peace Lutheran Church, 3590 Lincoln Ave, Saint Joseph