Property Tax Information is now available at:
1. Click on the big green check mark to start.
2. Scroll down to Berrien County, then click on St. Joseph Charter Township.
3. Click on "Register" on the left-hand side under Account. If you already have an account you can just sign in.
4. Fill out the information and check your email to verify.
5. Click on "Sign In", enter user name and password, click "Sign In" box.
6. Under the blue Berrien County bar, click on "Click Here".
7. Enter your address under Berrien County at the top of the page.
8. When the results load, click on your address in the yellow portion at the bottom of the page. It may take a couple of minutes to load.
9. Tax history is at the bottom of this page. To print out information click on the arrow to the left of the year you want to print. Towards the bottom of the information that comes up, there is a line that says "Click here for a printer friendly version of . . .", click that and then click "Send to Printer" in the upper right hand corner of the next page that come up.
If you would like to look up other properties you will have to pay $6.00 each.
If you have any questions please call the Treasurer's office at 269-932-0269.
Property Tax Information
Tax bills come out July 1st (summer) and December 1st (winter). Please call us at 269-932-0269 if you have not received your tax bill the by 10th of those months or if you have any questions.
Bills get mailed to the owner of record at printing time. Deeds can take several weeks to be recorded and appear on public record. Please contact the Berrien County Register of Deeds at 269-983-7111 x8562 to make name corrections.
We accept partial payments beginning the day that you receive your tax bill through February 29, 2024
When writing checks please make sure that the written number line matches the amount in the number box and that you signed it!
We accept credit/debit cards but you will be charged a 3% service fee ($2.00 minimum).
Due Dates - Summer taxes are due September 14th, 2023 and winter taxes are due February 14th, 2024. Payments after those dates will include a late fee. We cannot accept postmark date as payment date. If mailing, please make sure that you mail your payment 10 days before the due date. All payments made after February 29, 2024 need to be made to the Berrien County Treasurer. Please call 269-983-7111 x8569 for current amounts due.
Drain Assessments - If you have questions about special drain assessments please call the Berrien County Drain Commission at 269-983-7111 x8255.