Property Tax Information is now available at: https://www.is.bsasoftware.com
1. Click "Sign Up"
2. Complete User Name, Password, Confirm Password, Email Address, Confirm Email Address and "How did you learn...", verify the code and click "Register"
3. Go to your email and retrieve and click on the link provided to activate your account. Go back to the BS&A system
4. On the "Welcome" screen, scroll down to "Berrien County Municipalities", click on "St. Joseph Township"
5. On the left side of the screen, click on "Current Tax"
6. On the next screen click on "Tax Information Search" (It is NOT highlighted but will light up in red when the cursor is on it)
7. You can now search for your property by name (Last then First) or by property address
8. You can also look up historical records (up to 20 years past)
9. When you click on "Tax Information" on the left side, it will bring up a screen that includes payment information (Payee, due dates, mailing/deliver address information, et.) This information is under the bar code.
10. For current amounts due on unpaid previous years' taxes, call the Berrien County Treasurer 269-983-7111 ext 8569
Property Tax Information
Tax bills come out July 1st (summer) and December 1st (winter). Please call us at 269-932-0269 if you have not received your tax bill the by 10th of those months or if you have any questions.
Bills get mailed to the owner of record at printing time. Deeds can take several weeks to be recorded and appear on public record. Please contact the Berrien County Register of Deeds at 269-983-7111 x8562 to make name corrections.
We can accept partial payments beginning the day that you receive your tax bill through February 28th.
When writing checks please make sure that the written number line matches the amount in the number line and that you signed it! We cannot accept credit or debit cards, EFT or ACH transactions at this time.
Due Dates - Summer taxes are due September 14th and winter taxes are due February 14th. Payments after those dates will include a late fee. We cannot accept postmark dates. If mailing, please make sure that you mail your payment 7-10 days before the due date. All payments made after February 28th need to be made to the Berrien County Treasurer. Please call 269-983-7111 x8569 for current amounts due.
Drain Assessments - If you have questions about special drain assessments please call the Berrien County Drain Commission at 269-983-7111 x8255.