Upcoming 2018 Elections
August 7th Primary Election
November 6th General Election
You may vote by absentee ballot if you:
- Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time that the polls are open on Election Day.
- Are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
- Have been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside.
- Are 60 years of age or older.
- Cannot attend the polls because of confinement in jail awaiting arraignment or trail.
Anyone meeting the criteria and wishing to obtain an Application for an Absentee Ballot can contact Danielle at (269) 429-7703. You may also click on the form below, fill out the application, and mail it to the St. Joseph Charter Township Clerk’s Office at:
3000 Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 147
Saint Joseph, Michigan 49085-0147
According to Michigan Election Law, effective March 27, 2013, if a voter applies for an absent voter ballot in person at the clerk’s office, the voter is required to present a photo ID or sign an Affidavit of Voter not in Possession of Picture Identification form.Listed below are the acceptable forms of photo ID.The photo ID must be current and not expired.
- Michigan driver’s license or Michigan personal ID card
- Driver’s license or personal ID card issued by another state
- Federal or state government-issued photo ID
- U.S. passport
- Military identification card with photo
- Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
- Tribal identification with photo
Precinct #1 - St. Joseph Township Public Safety Complex, 1750 Colfax Ave, Benton Harbor
Precinct #2 - New Life Baptist Church, 3265 South Cleveland Ave, Saint Joseph
Precinct #3 - St. Joseph Charter Township Hall, 3000 Washington Ave, Saint Joseph
Precinct #4 - Peace Lutheran Church, 3590 Lincoln Ave, Saint Joseph