Updated Sep 29, 2023
Tools to access Township services:
- Permit forms, Assessing information forms, Tax information and much more can be accessed from this website under Departments. Also, check out this main page of the website for current general information.
- You may email the Township at email@example.com.
- Secured, camera monitored, and frequently checked drop boxes, both curbside and at the building to the left of the main entrance door are available to drop off payments and other documents.
- You may send information via postal mail to St. Joseph Charter Township, P.O. Box 147, St. Joseph, MI 49085. Our mail is collected M-F.
- You may phone the Township on the main line at (269) 429-7703. Building Inspector (269) 930-2453. The main phone line is answered M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- TextMyGov is a new smartphone texting application that allows you to text in a number to look up Township information. You may also text in a number that will allow you to receive notifications from the Township.
- The Township also sends information to its Facebook page at St. Joseph Charter Township.
United Way is offering seniors, age 60 and older, who can’t perform yard work or afford to pay for services, the opportunity to have a team of volunteers come on November 9th. Seniors are helped on a first-come, first-served basis, dependent on the number of volunteers available. To sign up for assistance or to volunteer go to https://www.uwsm.org/rake-a-difference .
The State of Michigan has established a Growing Michigan Together Council -
This council is to develop a long-term vision that addresses current and future challenges and sets Michigan up for success in the 21st Century.
The Council is seeking statewide feedback through a Growing Michigan Together Survey.
The Council will present its findings in December 2023 by submitting a report to the governor, the Michigan House of Representatives and Michigan Senate.
To take the survey paste the following link into your internet browser.
Electronic Meeting Notices -
Board of Trustees October 2, 2023 Workshop Meeting – Click here to view the notice
Board of Trustees October 2, 2023 6:00 p.m. Meeting Notice – Click here to view the notice
Notice from Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) RE: Pet Waste in Storm Sewer System -
Click here to view the notice
Municipal Civil Infractions Ordinance Adopted –
The following ordinance was approved and adopted at the October 3rd Board of Trustees meeting and will become effective January 1, 2023.
Click here to view the ordinance as adopted.
Dog License -
Due to procedure changes, dog licenses are no longer available at St. Joseph Charter Township Hall and may now be purchased through Berrien County Animal Control. Licenses may be purchased in person at 1400 S. Euclid Ave., Benton Harbor or on-line at berriencounty.org click on departments then animal control. If you have any questions regarding dog licenses you may reach Berrien County Animal Control at 269-927-5648.
Assessing Information Is Now Available Online -
Click here to to access assessing information, such as assessor cards, at no cost to users.
Check out our Facebook page!
It's St. Joseph Charter Township with a picture of the hall. Click https://www.facebook.com/St-Jo...to go directly. If you "like" and "follow" you can be up on the latest happenings in the township. You can also get information at https://www.facebook.com/SJTwp..., the St. Joseph Township Police Department. Also check out our fire departments pages, https://www.facebook.com/Sjctf..., https://www.facebook.com/sjctf....
For Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) please click on the following:
Updated Sep 29, 2023
- When scheduled, links to special meeting information will appear below.
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2023 Dates the Office will be Closed
Monday, January 2nd - New Year's Holiday
Friday, April 7th- Spring Holiday
Friday, May 26th & Monday, May 29th - Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, July 3rd & Tuesday, July 4th - Fourth of July Weekend
Friday, September 1st & Monday, September 4th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 23rd & Friday, November 24th - Thanksgiving
Monday, December 25th & Tuesday, December 26th - Christmas