Updated Nov 28, 2022
Tools to access Township services:
- Permit forms, Assessing information forms, Tax information and much more can be accessed from this website under Departments. Also, check out this main page of the website for current general information.
- You may email the Township at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secured, camera monitored, and frequently checked drop boxes, both curbside and at the building to the left of the main entrance door are available to drop off payments and other documents.
- You may send information via postal mail to St. Joseph Charter Township, P.O. Box 147, St. Joseph, MI 49085. Our mail is collected M-F.
- You may phone the Township on the main line at (269) 429-7703. Building Inspector (269) 930-2453. The main phone line is answered M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- TextMyGov is a new smartphone texting application that allows you to text in a number to look up Township information. You may also text in a number that will allow you to receive notifications from the Township. See the TextMyGov section on this website for more information on how to get started.
- The Township also sends information to its Facebook page at St. Joseph Charter Township.
Yard Waste Pickup has been extended until December 15, 2023. Your last pickup will be your regular trash day of that week.
Municipal Civil Infractions Ordinance Adopted –
The following ordinance was approved and adopted at the October 3rd Board of Trustees meeting and will become effective January 1, 2023.
Click here to view the ordinance as adopted.
Electronic Meeting Notices -
Board of Trustees Special Meeting Berrien Hills Development Project – the Board of Trustees will hold a special meeting October 31, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. to consider the Planning Commissions recommendation to approve the Berrien Hills Development Project. Click here to view proposed project.
November 7, 2022 Noon Workshop Meeting Notice - Click here to view
November 7, 2022 6:00 p.m. Budget Public Hearing Meeting Notice - Click here to view
Parks and Recreation Plan Draft and Public Hearing Notice –
Assessing Information Is Now Available Online -
Click here to to access assessing information, such as assessor cards, at no cost to users.
Lead Water Service Pipes –
There has been much discussion in our area and across the State of Michigan regarding health issues that people have experienced from consuming water that runs through lead water service pipes. The water systems in St. Joseph Charter Township were installed in the 70’s which is after the time that lead water services were used and lead was replaced with copper.
Property Tax Payments –
In order to keep you and our employees safe, we encourage you to mail your tax payments to the Township Hall at P.O. Box 147, St. Joseph, MI 49085 OR place them in the curbside drop box or the drop box slit to the left of the main entrance door at the Township Hall. Both drop boxes are secured - locked and under surveillance. If you would like a receipt, please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope and a receipt will be mailed to you.
The Township has launch TextMyGov as an additional method of communication for our St. Joseph Charter Township residents.
Using the regular messaging app on any smartphone, the smart texting technology allows residents to ask questions and get immediate responses, find links to information on the Township's website, address problems, report issues and upload photos by texting (269)-421-4001. Click here to view flyer.
It also allows the Township to communicate information to residents in a timely manner. To have updates texted to you: under messaging type in 91896 then type in SJCTOWNSHIP. Click here to view flyer.
Beginning January 14th, an icon that you may click on for further information on TextMyGov will be located on the lower right corner of the main page of the Township's Website.
Check out our Facebook page!
It's St. Joseph Charter Township with a picture of the hall. Click https://www.facebook.com/St-Jo...to go directly. If you "like" and "follow" you can be up on the latest happenings in the township. You can also get information at https://www.facebook.com/SJTwp..., the St. Joseph Township Police Department. Also check out our fire departments pages, https://www.facebook.com/Sjctf..., https://www.facebook.com/sjctf....
For Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) please click on the following:
Property Tax Information
Property tax information is available online at www.bsaonline.com. Click on the big green check mark to set up an account. Our information is listed under the Berrien County blue bar, click on "St. Joseph Charter Township", then "Click Here" on the next page, type in the address and follow directions. Tax inquiries for property owners are free of charge for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $3.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information. If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (269) 932-0269.
Updated Nov 28, 2022
- When scheduled, links to special meeting information will appear below.
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2022 Dates the Office will be Closed
Monday, January 3rd - New Year's Holiday
Friday, April 15th- Spring Holiday
Friday, May 27th & Monday, May 30th - Memorial Day Weekend
Friday, July 1st & Monday, July 4th - Fourth of July Weekend
Friday, September 2nd & Monday, September 5th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 24th & Friday, November 25th - Thanksgiving
Friday, December 23rd & Monday, December 26th - Christmas