Updated Jan 25, 2023
Tools to access Township services:
- Permit forms, Assessing information forms, Tax information and much more can be accessed from this website under Departments. Also, check out this main page of the website for current general information.
- You may email the Township at email@example.com.
- Secured, camera monitored, and frequently checked drop boxes, both curbside and at the building to the left of the main entrance door are available to drop off payments and other documents.
- You may send information via postal mail to St. Joseph Charter Township, P.O. Box 147, St. Joseph, MI 49085. Our mail is collected M-F.
- You may phone the Township on the main line at (269) 429-7703. Building Inspector (269) 930-2453. The main phone line is answered M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- TextMyGov is a new smartphone texting application that allows you to text in a number to look up Township information. You may also text in a number that will allow you to receive notifications from the Township.
- The Township also sends information to its Facebook page at St. Joseph Charter Township.
Nye's Public Hearing for January 17, 2023 has been rescheduled to February 14, 2023 due to a timing and publication error. We apologize for any inconvenience
Job Opening -
We are currently accepting applications for police officers at our township. Please click here for further information.
Municipal Civil Infractions Ordinance Adopted –
The following ordinance was approved and adopted at the October 3rd Board of Trustees meeting and will become effective January 1, 2023.
Click here to view the ordinance as adopted.
Electronic Meeting Notices -
February 6, 2023 Board of Trustees Noon Workshop Meeting – Click here to view
February 6, 2023 Board of Trustees Regular 6:00 p.m. Meeting – Click here to view
Click here to view Nye's Revised Proposed Development
Assessing Information Is Now Available Online -
Click here to to access assessing information, such as assessor cards, at no cost to users.
Property Tax Payments –
In order to keep you and our employees safe, we encourage you to mail your tax payments to the Township Hall at P.O. Box 147, St. Joseph, MI 49085 OR place them in the curbside drop box or the drop box slit to the left of the main entrance door at the Township Hall. Both drop boxes are secured - locked and under surveillance. If you would like a receipt, please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope and a receipt will be mailed to you.
Check out our Facebook page!
It's St. Joseph Charter Township with a picture of the hall. Click https://www.facebook.com/St-Jo...to go directly. If you "like" and "follow" you can be up on the latest happenings in the township. You can also get information at https://www.facebook.com/SJTwp..., the St. Joseph Township Police Department. Also check out our fire departments pages, https://www.facebook.com/Sjctf..., https://www.facebook.com/sjctf....
For Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) please click on the following:
Property Tax Information
Property tax information is available online at www.bsaonline.com. Click on the big green check mark to set up an account. Our information is listed under the Berrien County blue bar, click on "St. Joseph Charter Township", then "Click Here" on the next page, type in the address and follow directions. Tax inquiries for property owners are free of charge for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $3.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information. If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (269) 932-0269.
Updated Jan 25, 2023
- When scheduled, links to special meeting information will appear below.
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2023 Dates the Office will be Closed
Monday, January 2nd - New Year's Holiday
Friday, April 7th- Spring Holiday
Friday, May 26th & Monday, May 29th - Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, July 3rd & Tuesday, July 4th - Fourth of July Weekend
Friday, September 1st & Monday, September 4th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 23rd & Friday, November 24th - Thanksgiving
Monday, December 25th & Tuesday, December 26th - Christmas