Updated Feb 2, 2016
- Township Property For Sale - 2549 Washington Ave - Click here for further information!
- 2016 Township Board of Trustee Election - The August 2nd, 2016, Primary Election ballot will include all offices for the Township Board of Trustees. If you are interested in running as a candidate for the Township Board click here for more information.
- 2016 Precinct Delegate Filing - The August 2nd, 2016, Primary Election ballot will include offices for Precinct Delegates. If you are interested in running for Precinct Delegate click here for more information. Please note that the Precinct Delegate forms must be filed with the County Clerk.
- Absentee ballot applications are now available upon request for the upcoming March 8th Presidential Primary election. Call the clerk's office at (269) 932-0271 to request your application be put into the mail!
- At the February 1, 2016, meeting, Ordinance No. 201601, an Ordinance to Adopt a Code of Ethics for St. Joseph Charter Township was adopted. Click here for a complete text of the ordinance.
- Yard waste pickup will resume on Monday, April 4th.
- Dog licenses are now available at the Township Hall. If you had a dog licensed in the past year, you should have received your new license paperwork in November. Please remember to bring this paperwork with you. Check your certificate to make sure the shots are not expired. If all paperwork is current, we will validate the license for you, and issue you a tag. If you have a new dog that has not been licensed previously, please bring your Certificate of Rabies Vaccination and proof of neutering/spaying. This paperwork is required by law prior to issuance of new license.
- Please be advised effective January 1st, 2016, St. Joseph Charter Township increased the rental registration fee from $50 to $75.
- A new Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Law went into effect on July 1, 2015. Please feel free to review the updated documents below, and if you have any questions, contact the Township Clerk at (269) 429-7703.
- Property tax information is available online at https://www.is.bsasoftware.com. Our information is listed under “Berrien County Municipalities”. Tax inquiries for property owners are free for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $2.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information.
Just follow the directions to set up your account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (269) 932-0269.
Updated Feb 2, 2016
- Election Commission Public Meeting Notice - February 1, 2016
- Planning Commission Meeting Notice - February 9, 2016
Township Board of Trustees 1st Monday of the Month 12 pm - Workshop 6 pm - Regular Meeting
Planning Commission 6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Bi-Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals 7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the Public.
2016 Dates the Office will be Closed
Friday, January 1st - New Year's Day
Friday, March 25th - Spring Holiday
Friday, May 27th & Monday, May 30th - Memorial Day Weekend
Friday, July 1st & Monday, July 4th - Fourth of July Weekend
Friday, September 2nd & Monday, September 5th - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 24th & Friday, November 25th - Thanksgiving
Friday, December 23rd & Monday, December 26th - Christmas