Other Township Officials
Roger Seely - Supervisor Gary Bluschke - Trustee Jerry Jones - Building Official/Ordinance Officer
Denise Cook - Clerk Chuck Garlanger - Trustee Sue Rice - Assessor
Dave Vonk - Treasurer Ron Griffin - Trustee Ross Bates - Chief of Police
Tim Fenderbosch - Manager Melissa Hahn - Trustee
3000 Washington Ave.
P.O. Box 147
Saint Joseph MI 49085-0147
Phone (269) 429-7703
Fax (269) 429-2079
Administrative office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm (except holidays).
Updated December 2, 2014
· St. Joseph Charter Township has extended yard waste pickup! Best Way Disposal will pickup yard waste on December 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th in all areas of the Township. Please put your yard waste out on any of these dates.
· Winter tax bills were mailed out on November 30th. If you have not received your tax bill, please call Debbie Peterson at (269) 932-0269 and let her know.
· Please be advised effective December 1st, 2014, St. Joseph Charter Township increased the fee schedule for all electrical permits. This fee increase is based on the State of Michigan fee schedule, which increased on April 1st, 2013.
· Please note the following dates that the Township Hall will be closed:
- Thursday, December 25th – Christmas Day
- Friday, December 26th – Day After Christmas
- Thursday, January 1st – New Year’s Day
· The Township Hall will also be closed on Wednesday, December 17th from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm so that the staff can celebrate at their annual Christmas luncheon.
· Dog licenses are now available at the Township Hall. If you had a dog licensed in the current year, you should have received your new license paperwork in November. Please remember to bring this paperwork with you. Check your certificate to make sure the shots are not expired. If all paperwork is current, we will validate the license for you, and issue you a tag. If you have a new dog that has not been licensed previously, please bring your Certificate of Rabies Vaccination and proof of neutering/spaying. This paperwork is required by law prior to issuance of a new license.
· If you sustain damage to your mailbox or yard from snow plows, please contact the Berrien County Road Commission at (269) 925-1196 to file a complaint.
· Property tax information is available online at https://www.is.bsasoftware.com. Our information is listed under “Berrien County”. Tax inquiries for property owners are free for any property that they own. All other inquiries are charged $2.00 each. You may look at the history of the taxes for your property for the last twenty years, see current information, and print off duplicate bill information.
Just follow the directions to set up your account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (269) 932-0269.
|Township Board of
1st Monday of the Month
12 pm - Workshop
6 pm - Regular Meeting
6:30 pm - 2nd Tuesday Bi-Monthly
Zoning Board of Appeals
7 pm - 2nd Wednesday (As Requested)
Meetings are held at the Township Hall
and are open to the Public.
2014 Dates the Office will be Closed
Wednesday, January 1st - New Year’s Day
Friday, April 18th - Spring Holiday
Friday, May 23rd & Monday, May 26th - Memorial Day Weekend
Thursday, July 3rd
& Friday, July 4th
- 4th of
Friday, August 29th & Monday, September 1st - Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, November 27th & Friday, November 28th - Thanksgiving
Thursday, December 25th & Friday, December 26th - Christmas
Update NewsletterNovember 2014